Admissions are closed for the 2017-18 school year.
Our school's mission is to provide a differentiated and challenging learning environment for students of high intellectual ability. We are a learning community that strives to meet the intellectual, social, and emotional needs of our students in a safe environment where they develop relationships with intellectual peers. Our goal is to prepare our graduates to become independent, productive, responsible, and creative individuals capable of making positive contributions to society.
How do you know if Scholars Academy is right for your child? Below is a list of common characteristics of highly intellectually gifted children. Not every intellectually gifted child exhibits all of these characteristics, but if your child exhibits a majority of the attributes, then Scholars Academy might be a good fit. Our school has created curriculum, instructional strategies, and social and emotional supports to work with children who exhibit these characteristics.
- Unusually large vocabularies for their age
- Long attention span, persistence and intense concentration
- Ability to learn new information quickly
- Highly developed curiosity and interest in experimenting
- Curious, inquisitive, limitless supply of questions
- Tendency to put ideas or things together in ways that are unusual or not obvious
- Unusual sense of humor
- Wide range of interests
- Asynchronous development
- Unusually good memory
- Exceptional ability to acquire, retain, and retrieve information
- Intense interest in one or a few topics
- Advanced level of understanding, especially cause and effect
- Highly sensitive to feelings and expectations of others
- Displays leadership skills
- High energy level
- Has advanced understanding of abstract/intense topics, but does not have the level of emotional development to deal with these topics (poverty, global warming, war, etc.)
- Very imaginative
- Generates many original ideas and solutions
- Takes risks
Information about the 2018-19 school year will be available in September, 2017.
Please contact Karen King (email@example.com) if you have any questions about Scholars Academy.